If you spend more time in your shop than in front of the television, why not turn that hobby into a career? Find out about schooling, training, and experience requirements for one of these top crafts jobs.
1) Furniture Maker — Manipulate metal or carve wood into whatever design your mind can envision. Each time you start from scratch, you hold the power to create something distinctive.
2) Cabinet Maker — Embellish the face of cabinets, or create a unique cabinet for an unusual space.
3) Ice Sculpturist — This ranks pretty high in the world of top crafty jobs. It takes a special talent to see a peacock in a block of ice. Vision is one thing, but the ability to grab a chainsaw and carve out that ice before the President arrives is quite unique.
4) Metalsmith — Use your metalworking skills to create furniture, jewelry, candle holders, or signs.
5) Seamstress — Turn reams of fabric into beautiful dresses, unique furniture upholstery, and woven costumes for the theater.
6) Jeweler — Necklaces, bracelets, rings, earrings, brooches—whether you work with beads or metal, your skills result in one-of-a-kind jewelry.
7) Glassblower — This hot job allows you to create vases and glassware, water bulbs and salt shakers. You’re limited only by your imagination.
9) Stained Glass Artist — Sure this is art, but without it, all those churches in town would look rather drab. And no one can deny that creating stained-glass requires crafty skill.
10) Taxidermist — Whether it’s a family pet or a prized kill, your skills forever capture the true nature of the beast.
Careers You May Like
Create toys that are safe and fun for children.
Create fantastic jewelry using gemstones and sparkling metals.
Work with jewels or precious metals to get customers the bangles they want.
Develop visual concepts, schedules and budgets for film special effects.
Lead the daily work of creating a television show.
Oversee all movie business and production from start to finish.
Design and create unique furniture from scratch.
Make functional and attractive products from start to finish.
Create and test bicycle prototypes.
Make products both functional and safe for consumers.
Dream up and create the look of a car inside and out.
Make all major creative and business decisions for TV Shows.
Keep track of the budget for TV or film productions.
Take charge of what your radio station broadcasts.
Make rollercoasters that are safe, fun, and thrilling.
Supervise the design and production of advertising spots.
Come up with creative designs for all kinds of fabrics.
Be involved in each step of a film’s production and distribution.
Create and install wooden cabinets.
Oversee the development and production of songs and albums.
Investigate and write up news stories for TV, web, or print.
Help companies market, advertise and improve their products.
Create virtual and physical models of new inventions and products.
Oversee the design, marketing and coordination of fashion shows.
Create appealing and functional packaging for products.
Manage the business side of producing TV shows.
Help develop content and manage production for TV Producers.
Estimate the quality and value of expensive trinkets.
Supervise filming and post-production to keep movie budgets under control.
Create new products and improve existing ones to make them more practical.
Create, build or repair accordions.
Mix, melt and mold high-end ingredients into world class cheese.
Create custom fit shoes for clients.
Shape molten glass into vases, sculptures, and beautiful works of art.
Employ woodworking and musical skills to build custom harps.
Build and repair stringed instruments by hand.
Fill in for absent Operators and ensure safety guidelines are followed.
Design, create and decorate custom made saddles for horses.
Repair, alter, or create clothing.
Repair and install heating ducts, metal siding, gutters and more.
Envision and create beautiful, transparent pieces of art.
Preserve deceased animals to be displayed or mounted on a wall.