Whether you have an eye for fashion, a compulsion to write, or a desire to create feature films, being an Artist doesn’t mean that you have to live on boxed macaroni and cheese. Check out these artistic careers that allow to you plan for retirement and still spend your days pursuing your passion.
1) Photographer — Live in the wilds of Africa in search of nearly extinct wildlife, create one-of-a-kind memories by photographing weddings, or travel with families and create a feature film that captures their vacation.
2) Art Director — Use your artistic eye to guide the visual details on a television or film set. Or, put that vision to use in publishing or advertising campaigns.
3) Film Director — It takes vision, industry knowledge, and an ability to use technology to capture the talked-about images that make it past the cutting room floor and into the theater.
4) Art Professor — You’ve got a passion. Painting, ceramics, drawing—whatever it is, spend your days sharing your knowledge and helping develop the skills of the next generation of Artists.
5) Talent Agent — This job allows you direct access behind the stage. Your ability to identify that certain something within an Actor keeps your artistic side happy while you track down Actors, set up and supervise auditions, and complete contracts.
6) Fashion Designer — Gather up those designs you’ve been doodling on cocktail napkins and notebooks. Whether you focus on the perfect bicycling shorts or the newest skirt design, your artistic vision is put to good use.
7) Architect — If you constantly pull over to admire the unique architecture of a building, then roll up your sleeves and start penciling out your own creations. Soon, it will be your vision taking shape on the construction site.
Careers You May Like
Build and repair stringed instruments by hand.
Teach university students about art.
Coordinate building projects, from design to construction.
Show your art in a variety of channels, like digital, film, and video.
Illustrate high-impact pictures for comic books.
Create appealing and functional packaging for products.
Create highly accurate drawings for students and scientists.
Fit out movie sets to give the story an authentic feel.
Create images and pictures to enrich stories.
Design and manage the image of a fashion magazine or store.
Drive the creative and artistic vision of a film.
Create high impact images that deliver a message.
Figure out the true value of artwork.
Help Casting Director by providing office support.
Act as the driving creative force behind a play or musical.
Create comic strips.
Create the appearance of complex animated characters.
Put animation and real film footage together to make one amazing movie.
Spruce up home and office spaces with your creative touch.
Capture the essence of actors, authors, or models with close-up shots.
Snap photos of runway models and the latest designs.
Make the best use of spaces by creating efficient plans.
Put together showy outfits that Dancers can move in.
Build and beautify inside spaces.
Design the look of a film set and supervise the team that creates it.
Arrange lighting effects for a variety of productions.
Capture images of the world for newspapers, websites, and art exhibits.
Draw images of court cases when photographs are not permitted.
Handle and arrange all plants, live or fake, on TV and film sets.
Make illustrated objects come to life using artistic and technical talents.
Lend a hand with interior design projects.
Ink all sorts of designs onto skin.
Drive creative direction plus hire key staff for an artistic organization.
Sew and sell sexy underwear.
Create animated, interactive web pages using Flash.
Make rollercoasters that are safe, fun, and thrilling.
Fit out the stage for theater productions.
Paint massive pictures on walls and other large surfaces.
Help the First Assistant Director to keep film production running smoothly.
Draw the details that make games and animated movies look more realistic.
Make 2D images move using hand drawings or computer software.
Take close-ups of scrumptious salads, soups, and entres for menus or ads.
Design awesome game graphics that won't cause computers to crash.
Snap pictures of landscapes and wildlife for magazines and journals.
Dream up and create the look of a car inside and out.
Make products both functional and safe for consumers.
Translate a Fashion Designer's ideas into drawings.
Dive below the waves to take pictures of the underwater world.
Make functional and attractive products from start to finish.
Work on movie sets taking publicity photos of Actors during filming.
Think up characters, objects, or environments for films or video games.
Create images of Musicians at work in the studio.
Create pretty yet practical kitchens and bathrooms.
Oversee an art department with a mix of creative and business skills.
Bring illustrated objects to life for movies and video games.
Design and create unique furniture from scratch.
Help bring back the original look and splendor of a piece of art.
Use your artistic talents to make innovative products.
Design the scenery of a video game.
Arrange a web page, poster, or magazine in an appealing manner.
Record images of crime scenes and victims to bring about justice.
Build props for use as movie special effects.
Oversee interior design projects.
Control the overall look of an ad, movie, or TV show.
Lead your organization's creative projects from concept to completion.
Make backdrops for movies.
Use graphics to express ideas, facts, and information.
Manage the department charged with creating movie sets.
Create a series of drawings showing the flow of a movie or ad.
Animate game art by writing its computer code.
Help develop the visual world of an animated film.
Choose clothes and accessories for celebrities.
Use skillful photography to make buildings and homes look their best.
Design dynamic graphics through animation, video, and sounds.
Produce art to promote environmental causes.
Decide how products and clothing will be displayed in a store.
Make animated films or shorts using the stop motion technique.
Adorn canvases with colorful paint.
Create stylish shoes for every occasion.
Set trends with your beautiful clothing designs.
Produce graphics that make video games flow like a movie.
Craft attention-grabbing book covers.
Create the perfect atmosphere for photo shoots.
Make food look scrumptious for photo and film shoots.
Create digital models that can be viewed from all angles.
Organize schedules, budgets, and staff for a film set's art department.
Plan and put up exhibits for museums, galleries, and the like.
Shoot pictures of wild animals in their natural habitat.
Draw portraits of crime suspects to help investigations.
Create pieces of art that are beautiful, provocative, or cutting-edge.
Fashion works of art by mixing and matching various materials.
Construct sculptures to show what crime victims look like.