Hiring managers can get hundreds of resumes for a single job opening. Before you apply, review our marketing resume sample to help you stand out from the crowd.
Keep in mind that the sample below is meant as a guide only. It’s important that your resume reflects your unique professional and educational background. After all, your individual value-add is what the employer wants to see.
For marketing positions:
- Highlight your experience in public relations and advertising, whether from jobs or college clubs. Any marketing experience is critical for getting noticed by a hiring manager. Be sure to include detailed information about your experience with social media marketing.
- Specify any training (particularly advanced coursework) that is directly tied to marketing, advertising, and/or accounts management.
- Identify specific campaigns or initiatives you led or participated in and provide numbers to quantify your success (e.g., “Designed and implemented an ad campaign yielding a 15% increase in subscribers for ABC Magazine.”).
Generally speaking, marketing professionals are critical members of nonprofit and for-profit organizations. In addition to developing social media and advertising campaigns, marketing professionals need to know how to conduct market research, analyze data, and budget to avoid running out of funds. Marketing is a broad field, and jobs include brand management, market research, sales, advertising, or public relations.
Check out how to integrate these skills in the marketing resume sample below:
Don’t forget to read our accompanying marketing cover letter samples here.
Marketing Associate Resume (Text Format)
Somewhere, NY 00000
555.555.5555 | email@example.com
West Seneca State College | West Seneca, NY (May 2018)
Bachelor of Science, Marketing
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Adept in developing and implementing social media marketing campaigns to drive web traffic, increasing online sales for recent client by 72% in six months.
- Aptitude for collaborating with clients and colleagues to develop print and digital marketing materials for offered products and services.
- Training and supplemental coursework completed in business marketing, social media marketing, business law, advertising, and international marketing.
Bellwood Advertising | West Seneca, NY (May 2018–Present)
- Designed, developed, and implemented digital and print marketing campaigns, driving site traffic and increasing conversion rates by over 200% on average.
- Developed SEO-compliant websites, articles, and social media posts to increase brand visibility and build a consistent, polished web presence.
- Spearheaded campaign to market local family restaurant at tourist locations through marketing materials including new website, social campaigns, and ads in local papers and regional magazines. Restaurant reported a 37% increase in customers.
Ed’s Café | West Seneca, NY (February 2018–May 2018)
- Developed company website along with advertising/coupon campaign for placement in local newspapers. Website received 180+ visits per day versus company Facebook page, which had fewer than 20 visits per day.
- Collaborated with local photographer to develop high-resolution images for use on website.
- Created online survey as component of website; responses indicated 65% of respondents visited restaurant in part due to website advertising.
Seneca Family Restaurant | West Seneca, NY (September 2014 – May 2017)
- Aided business owner in developing company website, including contact page to generate quick customer feedback, allowing owner to address issues rapidly.
- Served as line and prep cook; training new hires and assisting in supervision of staff.
- MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; Java Script; HTML; Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
- Student Editor Award, West Seneca State College, May 2017
Recognized in creative writing class for providing superior editorial feedback to peers.
- Proficient in Russian and French.