Starting with the listed résumé sample, input your contact information and educational background in place of the sample provided. From there, replace the experience and other qualifications for the fictional professional’s with your personal history, utilizing the format provided.
The sample is simply meant as a guide; it is important that you alter the sample (significantly) to include your actual professional and educational background. Your uniqueness is what helps you stand out from the crowd. If you include a Career/Job Objective, make certain to identify the exact position you are applying for (e.g. To become a Marketing Associate for the XYZ company). For marketing positions:
- Highlight your experience in public relations and advertising initiatives, whether from jobs or college clubs as any marketing experience is critical for getting noticed by a hiring manager. Such information should include details of social media marketing training and experience.
- Specify training (particularly advanced coursework) directly tied to marketing, advertising, and accounts management—the latter a critical skill for all marketing professionals.
- Identify specific advertising campaigns you led or participated in and provide numbers indicating your level of success (e.g. Designed and implemented an ad campaign directly linked to a 15% increase in subscribers for News Depot magazine.
As for general responsibilities, marketing professionals are active (and critical) members of nonprofit and for-profit businesses/organizations. In addition to developing content for social media ads as well as advertising for television and print media, marketing professionals need to manage their budgets carefully to avoid running out of funds for marketing initiatives later in the year. Also, those in marketing need to constantly be a living ad for their business and always present a good image for the company, both during work and after hours.
Check out how to integrate these skills in the marketing resume sample below:
Don’t forget to read our accompanying marketing cover letter samples here.
Marketing Associate Resume (Text Format)
123 Whatever Street | Somewhere, NY 00000
555.555.5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
West Seneca State College | West Seneca, NY (May 2017)
Bachelor of Science, Marketing
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Aptitude for developing and implementing social media marketing campaign that increases business website traffic and online sales.
- Proficiency collaborating with clients and designers to develop print and digital marketing materials for offered products and services.
- Experienced at point of sale operations within retail environments.
- Training and supplemental coursework completed in Business Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Business Law, Advertising, and International Marketing.
Bellwood Advertising | West Seneca, NY (May 2017 – Present)
- Spearheaded campaign to market local family restaurant at tourist locations including Niagara Falls, the Buffalo Waterfront, and at regional museums/airports.
- Marketing materials designed include a new website, a social media marketing campaign, and a series of ads in local newspapers and regional magazines.
- Restaurant reported a 37% increase in customers after placement of marketing materials.
Ed’s Café | West Seneca, NY (February 2017 – May 2017)
- Developed website for company along with advertising/coupon campaign for placement in local newspapers.
- Collaborated with local photographer to develop hi-resolution images for use on website.
- Created online survey as component of website; responses indicated 74% of respondents visited restaurant in part due to website advertising.
Seneca Family Restaurant | West Seneca, NY (September 2014 – May 2017)
- Aided business owner in developing company website advertising restaurant menu, daily specials and coupons.
- Developed contact page to generate quick customer feedback, allowing owner to address issues rapidly.
- Served as line and prep cook; trained new hires and assisted in supervision of staff.
MS EXCEL, PowerPoint, and WORD; Java Script; HTML; Web Easy Professional