Don’t forget to read our accompanying financial controller cover letter sample here.
Financial Controller Resume (Text Format)
100 Broad Street | Lancaster, NY 14086
555.555.5555 | email@example.com
To serve as a financial controller for Western New York Budgeting Agency.
Lancaster State College | Lancaster, NY (May 2016)
Bachelor of Science, Accounting
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Aptitude for account auditing and experience in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Expertise in successfully ensuring quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Ability to execute asset management processes and strengthen internal controls and accounting protocols to ensure accuracy in accounts management.
- Proficiency leading the preparation of budgets and financial forecasts; experience in administering company ledgers and financial statements for monthly reviews.
- Training and supplemental coursework completed in Accounting Principles, Business Law, Financial Accounting, Forensic Accounting, and Management Accounting.
Bellwood Financial Group | West Seneca, NY (May 2016–Present)
- Assisted senior partners in the implementation of Microsoft Dynamics AX software.
- Served as primary trainer for staff in use of MS Dynamics AX and as liaison with MS programming contractors during initial setup of the AX ERP platform.
- Designed and implemented internal auditing procedures that reduced response time to external audit inquiries by 15%.
- Promoted to compliance officer (2017), responsible for ensuring adherence to IFRS protocols.
Ace Flooring Warehouse | Williamsville, NY (February 2014–May 2016)
- Administered accounts for area housing contractors, conducting quarterly audits that resulted in an 11% reduction in delinquent accounts each year after 2013.
- Assisted company accountant with payroll, accounts payable/receivable, and bank statement reconciliations.
Jones Electronics | Buffalo, NY (September 2013–May 2015)
- Provided point of sale and customer service support for family-owned small engine repair shop; processed sales and scheduled home repairs.
MS Dynamics AX, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; QuickBooks; Xero