Don’t forget to read our accompanying copywriter cover letter sample here.
Copywriter Resume (Text Format)
100 Home Street | Buffalo, NY 14222
555.555.5555 | email@example.com
To serve as a copywriter for Palmer Industries, Inc.
Williamsville University | Depew, NY (May 2017)
Bachelor of Science, Marketing/Minor in Creative Writing
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- SEO certification with 4+ years of experience developing copy for web-based, television, and newspaper advertising.
- Ability to lead discussions among customers, company staff, and other interested entities to generate copy best suited to increase customer base and sales.
- Expertise in monitoring client and consumer feedback to adjust and/or enhance copy to attract a larger and more diverse audience.
Thorndale Advertising | Buffalo, NY (May 2017–Present)
- Assist in generating, editing, and updating content for all marketing materials.
- Handle all web-based editing responsibilities, providing timely review of copy while eliminating need to hire subcontractors, saving company $35,000 annually.
- Coordinate meetings between clients and marketing professionals to identify client needs/goals and generate engaging marketing copy.
- Utilized Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to better market our clients’ products and services.
Billings Advertising | Niagara Falls, NY (February 2015–May 2017)
- Provided copywriting and editing services for start-up advertising agency with primary responsibility ensuring online copy was SEO compliant.
- Created copy for advertising campaign that helped generate increased membership for local credit union by 175% over an 18-month period.
The West Seneca Daily | West Seneca, NY (September 2013–May 2017)
- Designed, developed, and maintained website for local newspaper.
- Provided editing services for staff, proofing reports, articles, and advertisements for both the newspaper and the website.
MS Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; Adobe Creative Suite; HTML; Java; SQLScript