Starting with the listed résumé sample, input your contact information and educational background in place of the sample provided. From there, replace the experience and other qualifications for the fictional professional’s with your personal history, utilizing the format provided.
The sample is simply meant as a guide; it is important that you alter the sample (significantly) to include your actual professional and educational background. Your uniqueness is what helps you stand out from the crowd. If you include a Career/Job Objective, make certain to identify the exact position you are applying for (e.g. To become the assistant manager for the XYZ company’s electronics division). For management positions:
- Highlight experience managing, supervising and training employees as those are key roles fulfilled by entry-level managers.
- Specify numbers related to your successes in managerial roles (e.g. implemented new client records database providing sales staff with 24/7 access to client records, which led to a 15% improvement in response time to customer queries).
- Identify management training you completed including advanced college coursework and acquired certifications (e.g. Six Sigma Green Belt Certified).
As for general responsibilities, managers supervise staff, organize/implement business protocols, and report to boards of managers/business owners regarding company progress and needs (staff, revenue, and facility).
Check out how to integrate these skills in the business resume sample below:
Don’t forget to read our accompanying business cover letter samples here.
Business Management Resume (Text Format)
123 Whatever Street | Somewhere, NY 00000
555.555.5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
West Seneca State College | West Seneca, NY (May 2017)
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Expertise in training new employees and developing & implementing staff schedule.
- Experienced at point of sale operations within retail environments.
- Aptitude for developing and implementing social media marketing campaign that increases business website traffic and online sales.
- Training and supplemental coursework completed in Business Law, Business Marketing, Financial Accounting, and Entrepreneurship.
Target | Depew, NY (May 2017 – Present)
- Develop and implement scheduling for store; adept at training new employees in all aspects of job including sales, inventory management, and customer service.
- Assist manager with maintaining payroll records to assure accurate and timely accounting of employee hours.
- Provide point of sale support for sales associates.
Reading Book Market | Lancaster, NY (February 2017 – May 2017)
- Provided point of sale support to staff at high-volume, discount bookstore.
- Aided manager in setting weekly schedule for sales associates.
- Trained new hires in use of new credit card technology and in returns.
Kmart | West Seneca, NY (September 2014 – May 2017)
- Promoted to Senior Sales Associate in May 2016; entrusted to train new hires in point of sale operations, exchanges and inventory management.
- Provided point of sale operational support; assisted in restocking of merchandise.
- Aided manager in developing and updating local store’s Facebook page to help market special events and sales.
MS EXCEL, PowerPoint, and WORD; QuickBooks