Don’t forget to read our accompanying actuarial analyst cover letter samples here.
Actuarial Analyst Resume (Text Format)
123 Home Street | Lancaster, NY 14086
555.555.5555 | email@example.com
To serve as an actuarial analyst for Prime Insurance Group.
Erie-Newtown College | Lancaster, NY (May 2017)
Bachelor of Science, Economics & Mathematics
Society of Actuaries Exams: Passed 1/P (2016), 2/FM (2017), and 3/MFE (2017)
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in analyzing and evaluating premium and loss statistics to help company agents accurately assess client risks.
- Proficiency in analyzing financial data to develop accurate projections while identifying major sources of variance.
- Training completed in Applied Statistics (VEE), Statistical Theory, Macroeconomics (VEE), Microeconomics (VEE), Regression (VEE), and Corporate Finance (VEE).
Paramount Insurance Group | Buffalo, NY (May 2017–Present)
- Collaborate with actuarial associates in extracting and analyzing premiums and loss statistics to help company manage risk and determine reserve needed for future payouts to existing claims.
- Created a secure, online database allowing traveling insurance sales teams 24/7 access to client accounts. Database usage increased risk assessments and response to client queries by 62%.
Paramount Insurance Group | Buffalo, NY (January 2017–May 2017)
- Assisted senior actuary in performing cost projections using client cost and enrollment data. Completed data collection, validation, and analysis.
Erie-Newtown College | Lancaster, NY (September 2015–May 2017)
- Tutored students in calculus, statistics, and economics.
- Created study groups for economic statistics course with 95% of attending students passing exams/class with a 3.0 GPA or higher.
MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; Java; MATLAB; Minitab; SQL